signs
History
Edna Quinlivan Briody

Edna Quinlivan Briody

Jim and Joan Briody

Jim and Joan Briody

Mrs. Edna Quinlivan Briody established the Briody Health Care Facility in 1946. The original facility was located at 109 Niagara Street in a two story converted home. Thirty residents resided at what was then called the Briody Nursing Home.

Thirteen years later, Edna’s son, Jim Briody and his wife Joan, assumed the operation of the Briody Nursing Home so Edna could retire. Very quickly, Jim and Joan realized the 109 Niagara Street home was not the ideal building for a nursing home. The two story home with its winding staircase was pretty, but not very practical. Soon plans began to build a new nursing home. In October 1971, the “new” 82 bed Briody Nursing Home opened its doors on Lincoln Avenue.

Ann Briody Petock, daughter of Jim and Joan Briody, joined the facility staff in 1990. In 1993, she became the Administrator and the third generation Briody to operate the skilled nursing facility.

In February of 1996, the 4,600 square foot Quinlivan Rehabilitation Wing was built to accommodate the increasing rehabilitative needs of our residents, and in August of 1997 the Quinlivan Outpatient Rehabilitation Center was opened to meet the rehab needs of area residents of all ages.

Our present facility underwent extensive renovations and remodeling in 2000. The project involved the construction of a separate inpatient wing for short-term rehab residents as well as the remodeling of all resident rooms and staff offices.

The newest addition to the Briody Health Care System is Pinegrove Estates, which provides an independent living community for active adults. Pinegrove is situated in a quiet, scenic rural setting just a short distance from Briody Health Care Facility, conveniently near local services, amenities, and Western New York attractions.