BRIODY HEALTH CARE FACILITY
CODE OF CONDUCT STATEMENT
This Code of Conduct Statement has been developed to provide the fundamental principles, values, and framework for action within Briody Health Care Facility in keeping with the mission and goals of this organization. It provides the standards for which employees of this facility will conduct themselves, and it serves as the guide for the operations of this facility. All employees, physicians, contractors, volunteers, students and other agents are expected to comply with the following guidelines, and they are also expected to report, in a timely manner, any instances of non-compliance.
At Briody Health Care Facility our mission is to make you and your family feel welcome as soon as you walk through our doors and to improve your quality of life through our rehabilitation, long term, and out-patient services. We continue to uphold our tradition of dignity, compassion and respect. In order to accomplish our mission, and to protect and promote the organizations values we will strive to:
- Be fair and honest to all we serve including residents, their families, employees, volunteers, medical staff, consultants, agencies, third party payers, vendors, and all others dealt with on a daily basis.
- Maintain adequate records and recognize the right to privacy, and the importance of confidentiality within the applicable legal standards.
- Ensure that all activities by or on behalf of the organization are in compliance with applicable laws, without scheme or activity intended to defraud anyone of money, property, or honest services.
- Practice good faith in transactions occurring during the course of business.
- Use supplies and services in a manner that avoids waste and which preserve and protect the organizations assets through proper and effective use of Briody Health Care Facility’s resources.
- Transact business with hospitals, home care agencies, third party payers, vendors, contractors, and other third parties in a manner which is free from offers or solicitation of gifts and favors or other improper inducements in exchange for referrals, influence, or assistance in a transaction.
- Hold vendors to these same standards as part of their dealings with the organization.
- Report instances of non-compliance in a timely manner through the established channels, including the suggestion box, and the direct telephone number for the Corporate Compliance Officer. That number is (716) 438-4751.
- Ensure compliance requirements regarding billing are monitored and enforced.
- Avoid situations which may lead to actual or perceived conflicts of interest.
The principles set forth in the Code of Conduct Statement shall be distributed to all employees, and consultants, and it will be made available to all residents, their families, and all physicians and contractors associated with this facility.